Recipe and Photo via Punch Bowl
- Strawberries, sliced
- Pineapple, cut into star shapes
- 2 bottles dry white wine
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 Cup berry-flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
Combine the ingredients in a large pitcher and stir. Chill in the refridgerator for at least four hours.
In lieu of the Signature Cocktail this week I am, Pleased to introduce a old favorite, I present the jello shot! Oh no this is not your mother’s jello shot, this is chic, tres chic!! With little expense you can create a huge wow factor for your guests and a good time in each bite sized jello shot!
Can you say good time?
This recipe is from Rock ur Party
- 2/3 cup Roses lime juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 envelopes plain gelatin
- 3/4 cup agave tequila (the silver, or clear kind!)
- 1/2 cup blue curacao
- 1 tablespoons sugar or agave nectar (1 to 2 tbsp is fine, to taste)
- large crystal sugar for garnish, if desired
- 1Pour lime juice, sweetener and water in a saucepan, sprinkle with gelatin. Allow gelatin to soak for a few minutes.
- 2Heat over very low heat until gelatin is dissolved, stirring constantly (approximately 5 minutes).
- 3Remove from heat, stir in tequila and blue cuacao.
- 4Pour into pan. Refrigerate until fully set (several hours or overnight).
- 5To serve, cut into desired shapes.
- 6Immediately before serving, dip one side of the jelly shots into large crystal sugar, or provide a small container for dipping. (The sugar looks beautiful, but melts quickly!!!!)
It is hot everywhere.. so to cool off, in celebration of summer (almost) this Watermelon Margarita Recipe from the Kitchen of Deep South Dish is our Signature Cocktail today.
The watermelon is a great twist on a traditional Margarita, frozen.. does it get any better?
Your guests will be impressed from the first sip!
Stay cool, and remember keep your cool when planning your Destination Wedding
3 cups of frozen, chopped watermelon or strawberries
1/2 cup of silver tequila
1/4 cup Triple Sec
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup sugar
Kosher salt, to rim the glasses
Watermelon wedges, optional for garnish
Cut up the flesh of a watermelon into rough chunks. Spray a jelly roll pan lightly with non-stick spray and spread the watermelon chunks in a single layer on the pan. Freeze for several hours or overnight. Remove 3 cups of chunks and reserve remaining watermelon in a freezer bag until needed. If using strawberries, clean them and freeze them whole in the same manner. Rinse before putting in the blender.
In the pitcher of your blender, add the tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice, frozen watermelon or frozen strawberries and sugar, in that order. Pulse the blender to begin to break down the frozen fruit, then whip until blended.
Invert the margarita glass into a shallow bowl of water just to wet the rim, then into a plate of kosher salt to salt the rim. For strawberry, use a mixture of salt and sugar to rim the glass. Pour the margarita mixture into the glasses, taking care not to disturb the salt rim. Cut small wedges of watermelon or strawberries for garnish, cutting a slit into the side to perch the wedge on the rim of the glass.
It’s that time again… TGIF it is Signature Drink Night!
The Ginger Caipirissima
5-6 lime wedges
3/4 oz. ginger syrup
1 brown sugar cube
2 oz. white rum
Muddle lime wedges, shake all ingredients together, and serve in a collins glass.
From 1OAK, a nightlife venue from Richie Akiva and Scott Sartiano
From Marie Claire