In lieu of the Signature Cocktail this week I am, Pleased to introduce a old favorite, I present the jello shot! Oh no this is not your mother’s jello shot, this is chic, tres chic!! With little expense you can create a huge wow factor for your guests and a good time in each bite sized jello shot!
Can you say good time?
This recipe is from Rock ur Party
- 2/3 cup Roses lime juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 envelopes plain gelatin
- 3/4 cup agave tequila (the silver, or clear kind!)
- 1/2 cup blue curacao
- 1 tablespoons sugar or agave nectar (1 to 2 tbsp is fine, to taste)
- large crystal sugar for garnish, if desired
- 1Pour lime juice, sweetener and water in a saucepan, sprinkle with gelatin. Allow gelatin to soak for a few minutes.
- 2Heat over very low heat until gelatin is dissolved, stirring constantly (approximately 5 minutes).
- 3Remove from heat, stir in tequila and blue cuacao.
- 4Pour into pan. Refrigerate until fully set (several hours or overnight).
- 5To serve, cut into desired shapes.
- 6Immediately before serving, dip one side of the jelly shots into large crystal sugar, or provide a small container for dipping. (The sugar looks beautiful, but melts quickly!!!!)