Shaking it up this week.. a Signature Cocktail sans liquor. I prefer my cocktails .. yes sans liquor, preferably fruity.
Martha Stewart, http://www.marthastewart.com has this delicious Pink Grapefruit faux Margarita, what a great Signature Cocktail, so tropical looking.
- 2 tablespoons colored sanding sugar
- 1 lime
- 6 teaspoons pomegranate syrup or grenadine
- 1 1/2 cups pink grapefruit juice
- Place sanding sugar in a shallow dish or plate. Slice six thin rounds from the middle of lime; set aside. Rub lime wedge around rims of six glasses; dip each rim in sugar to coat. Pour 1 teaspoon pomegranate syrup into bottom of each glass.
- Place grapefruit juice and 2 cups ice cubes in a blender. Process on high speed until ice is crushed. Pour frozen mixture into glasses, and stir to combine with syrup. Garnish with reserved lime rounds, and serve immediately.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Pink Grapefruit “Margaritas” – Martha Stewart Recipes
I love the idea of serving a Signature Cocktail without liquor that way no one will feel left out when celebrating watching everyone drink something they can not. Have the bar offer a choice of Signature Cocktails with liquor too.