Want to kick up your Signature Cocktail?
Add some wiggle and jiggle and giggles when you elevate your signature cocktail to a Signature jello Shot.
White Wine Sangria Jelly Shots
Recommended Pan: 1 lb loaf pan, approximately 8″ x 4″ (or flexible silicon molds)
Implements: Muddler and a cocktail shaker
- 1 cup white wine (use what you have on hand, chardonnay, sav blanc, pino grigio, etc.)
- Chopped fruit, to fill cocktail shaker 1/2 full (I used lemon, lime, orange, and white and red grapes)
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/8 cup frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup club soda (or lemon lime soda, sparkling lemonade, etc)
- 2 1/2 envelopes Knox gelatin (1/2 envelope = about 1 tsp gelatin powder)
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- 1/4 cup vodka
- Additional fruit for internal and external garnish, if desired
Fill the cocktail shaker 1/2 full of chopped fruit, and muddle vigorously (set remaining fruit aside for garnish). Add the wine to the cocktail shaker (note: no ice is needed), shake for a minute or so and set aside. Pour water, lemonade concentrate, juice and soda into a small saucepan and sprinkle with the gelatin. Allow the gelatin to soak for a minute or two. Heat over very low heat until gelatin is dissolved, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Strain the wine mixture (you should have about 1 1/4 cups of liquid), and stir into gelatin mixture along with the Cointreau and vodka. Pour mixture into loaf pan or molds. If desired, now is the time to add finely chopped fruit to the pan or molds. Place in refrigerator to set (several hours or overnight).
To serve, cut into desired shapes or unmold. If desired, garnish each shot with finely chopped fruit.
Makes 24 to 32 jelly shots.
Photo and Recipe via The Jello Test Shot Kitchen, a great resource for everything Jello Shot.