Signature Cocktail for a warm wedding in the Caribbean
Frozen Ginger Lemonade
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 to 4 large slices (3 1/2 inches long and 1/4 inch thick) peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 8 lemons)
- Lemon rounds, for garnish
- Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir in ginger. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Transfer ginger pieces to a blender with remaining 21/2 cups water, and blend until finely chopped. Strain, discarding solids. Pour ginger water into syrup, and stir lemon juice. Pour into a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan, and freeze overnight.
- Break frozen mixture into chunks, and transfer to a bowl. Whisk until slushy. Divide among glasses, and garnish with lemon rounds.
Not in the market for a destination wedding Signature Cocktail, choose this one to celebrate the official weekend of summer!
Recipe and image via Martha Stewart Wedding
Mmmmm now that is perfect!
I think I would have to add some vodka to the ice mixture!
Oh yes… much better! Cheers!