- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 12 mint leaves
- juice of one lime, about 2 tablespoons
- 3 ounces good rum
- juice of one grapefruit
- 1 cup ice, broken into large cubes
- about ⅓ cup champagne, club soda or tonic can be substituted
- I like to juice the lime and grapefruit, then cut them into wedges and muddle.
- To a shaker add grapefruit juice and wedges, mint, agave, ice, lime juice and lime wedges.
- Muddle crushing to release flavors.
- Add rum and shake. (do not add carbonated beverage)
- Spoon out the grapefruit and lime wedges.
- Fill 8 to 10 ounce glasses with ice and pour half full with grapefruit/mint mixture. Finish filling glass with champagne and stir to combine.
- Garnish with grapefruit wedge and mint stem
Recipe Author, Paula Jones, via Call Me PMC